1. Don’t call someone more than twice continuously. If they don’t pick up your call, presume they have something important to attend to.
2. Return money that you have borrowed even before the person remember to ask for it; It shows your integrity and character. Same goes with umbrellas, pens, utensils etc.
3. When someone offers to take you for lunch/dinner, never order the expensive dish on the menu. If possible ask them to order their choice of food for you.
4. Don’t ask awkward questions like ‘Oh so you aren’t married yet?’ Or ‘Don’t you have kids’ or ‘Why didn’t you buy a house?’ Or why don’t you buy a car For God’s sake it isn’t your problem.
5. Always open the door for the person coming behind you. It doesn’t matter if it is a guy or a girl, senior or junior. You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public.
6. If you take a taxi with a friend and he/she pays now, try paying next time.
7. Respect different shades of opinions; Remember what’s 6 to you will appear 9 to someone facing you. Besides, second opinion is good for an alternative;
8. Never interrupt people talking, allow them to pour it out. As they say, hear them all and filter them all;
9. If you tease someone, and they don’t seems to enjoy it, stop it and never do it again. It encourages one to do more and it shows how appreciative you’re.
10. Say “thank you” when someone is helping you.
11. Praise person publicly,Criticize him or her direct and in private.
12. There’s almost never a reason to comment on someone’s weight. Just say, “You look fantastic.” If they want to talk about losing weight, they will.
13. When someone shows you a photo on their phones, don’t swipe left or right. You never know what’s next.
14. If a colleague tells you they have a doctors’ appointment, don’t ask what it’s for, just say “I wish you better health”. Don’t put them in the uncomfortable position of having to tell you their personal illness. If they want you to know, they’ll do so without your inquisitiveness.
15. Treat the cleaner with the same respect as the CEO. Nobody is impressed at how rude you can treat someone below you, but people will notice if you treat them with respect.
16. If a person is speaking directly to you, looking at your phone is a rude act.
17. Never give advice until you’re asked for it.
18. When visiting someone after a long period of time, don’t ask them about their ages and salary, unless they want to talk about it.
19. Mind your business unless it involves you directly – just stay out of it.
20. Remove your sunglasses if you are talking to anyone in the street, it is a sign of respect. More so, eye contact is as important as your speech.
21. Never talk about your riches in the midst of the poor.
22. Never talk about your children in the midst of the barrens…and don’t talk about your spouses around those who
FINALLY, TREAT OTHERS THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE